Senior automation engineer
Welcome to BASF Antwerp NV, the second largest production site of the BASF group, and the largest chemical company in Belgium. We are looking for a senior automation engineer who wants to be part of our fascinating company.
As a SPLC Senior automation engineer you will advise- and support in the development of process automation-, safety solutions and model-based safety functions.
With a team of motivated and highly qualified engineers and technicians we deliver automation services for the process control and safety systems on the installed base at BASF. A significant part of the group has his focus on the safety systems and on the large amount of PLC's. As a SPLC senior automation engineer the responsibilities will be the following:
- You counsel and support our clients in all areas of functional safety (in accordance with IEC 61511) over the entire life cycle of safety-related, programmable logic controllers (SPLC) as well as model-based safety functions/systems.
- You enforce company policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines.
- In this context you get in contact with customary technologies and systems like HIMA, Schneider Electric - Triconex, Honeywell FSC (legacy) and Siemens PLC's.
- Therefore, you develop concepts for the design, verification and validation for safety and model-based safety functions in an interdisciplinary team and implement them in consultation with our customers.
- Your target groups are the different user communities, asset-, maintenance- and process managers, central service specialists and engineering.
- The periodically evaluation, optimization and adjustment of service level agreements are within your responsibility.
- You have obtained a masters' degree, such as master of science in Mathematical engineering or Electrical engineering or comparable qualification based on your experience.
- Profound knowledge of- and affinity with functional safety / safety instrumented systems (SIS) is expected.
- You have experience in project management and excellent knowledge of the relevant rules and regulations, such as IEC 61511 as well as functional safety management.
- Your efforts to find sustainable, creative and safe solutions are facilitated by your interest in innovation and 'out of the box' way of thinking.
- You are flexible, a good team player and have excellent communication skills.
- You speak Dutch and English fluently.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed, competent and international team.
- A warm welcome during our reception days and guidance by a BASF godmother or godfather.
- A nice working atmosphere in a large and stable company on a human scale.
- A growing salary package with numerous options (time/money, lease bicycle, …), a bonus, a fixed net remuneration, various fringe benefits (including a lease car) and several social provisions like a pension plan, hospitalization insurance for you and your family, discounts in multiple stores, etc.
- A good work-life balance! You will have flexible working hours and 38 vacation days. Occasional homeworking is certainly possible as well.
- A well-filled stomach due to our extensive offer in the company restaurant, monthly fruit distribution and meal vouchers.
- Alternative ways to get to the site (free bus transport, lease car, bicycle lease plan).
- Opportunities for self-development through a wide range of training courses and an internal job market.
We are number one in chemistry worldwide thanks to our intelligent solutions for customers and for a sustainable future. Our 3000 colleagues together form a diverse team and specialize in production, logistics, technology, laboratory, energy management, but also safety, environment, communication and so on. Our diversity makes us stronger! In addition, at BASF we create careers, there is also a wide range of career opportunities, in Belgium and internationally.
Become part of the best team!