Lead engineer piping
Welcome to BASF Antwerp NV, the second largest production site of the BASF group, and the largest chemical company in Belgium. We are looking for a lead engineer piping who wants to be part of our fascinating company.
As Lead engineer piping, you will be responsible for the engineering of piping and valves in investment projects at BASF Antwerp as well as for the development of the layout for these projects.
- You will develop concepts for projects, collaborate with the project team and the internal customer, set up a budget and organize the detail engineering with engineering contractors.
- You will be responsible for scope, budget and time schedule of the projects assigned to you, as well as the coordination and quality control of the detail engineering contractors.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for securing the knowhow of specific aspects in the field of piping within the department and the organization.
- You have a master's degree in mechanical engineering and you have expert knowledge in the field of piping and layout engineering for chemical installations.
- You have basic knowledge of calculations of pipelines, as well as of piping materials and you are motivated to build up or to further extend your knowledge in this area.
- Working methodically and paying attention to detail, you have a strong sense for project work.
- Team spirit, leadership and excellent communication with the customer and with engineering contractors are essential skills for this position.
- Finally, you are fluent in Dutch.
- A challenging and constantly evolving job.
- A warm welcome during our reception days and guidance by a BASF godmother or godfather.
- A nice working atmosphere in a large and stable company on a human scale
- A growing salary package with numerous options (time/money, lease bicycle, …), a bonus, a fixed net remuneration, various fringe benefits (including a lease car) and several social provisions like a pension plan, hospitalization insurance for you and your family, discounts in multiple stores, etc.
- A good work-life balance! You will have flexible working hours and 38 vacation days. Occasional homeworking is certainly possible as well.
- A well-filled stomach due to our extensive offer in the company restaurant, monthly fruit distribution and meal vouchers.
- Alternative ways to get to the site (free bus transport, lease car, bicycle lease plan).
- Opportunities for self-development through a wide range of training courses and an internal job market.
We are number one in chemistry worldwide thanks to our intelligent solutions for customers and for a sustainable future. Our 3000 colleagues together form a diverse team and specialize in production, logistics, technology, laboratory, energy management, but also safety, environment, communication and so on. Our diversity makes us stronger! In addition, at BASF we create careers, there is also a wide range of career opportunities, in Belgium and internationally.
Become part of the best team!